Osteopathy is a field of complementary medicine that involves the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of musculoskeletal conditions. Unlike traditional medical therapies, the best osteopaths in Melbourne skillfully utilise manual techniques to treat common conditions such as back pain, shoulder pain, postural problems and more serious conditions such as arthritis, neuralgia and sciatica pain, just to name a few.
Who needs to visit an osteopath in Melbourne CBD?
Osteopathy caters to musculoskeletal conditions that affect both young and old patients. Pregnant women, blue collar workers, white-collar professionals, as well as athletes can use the manual or touch therapies offered by osteopath clinics in Melbourne City.
What are the things that happen during your visit to a Melbourne Osteopathy Near You?
Before you seek treatment at an osteopath clinic in South Melbourne, make sure to check the following:
- Visit a licensed osteopath accredited by Osteopathy Australia, formerly known as Australian Osteopathic Association
- Ask regards their education, skills training, make sure it is up to date and relevant to you.. This is to ensure that you are getting the right level of osteopathic treatment and care from your chosen professional.
- An initial visit to the best osteopath in Melbourne will be for a consultation. A thorough assessment will be held in order for the osteopathic doctor to come up with a comprehensive hands-on treatment regimen.
- After the consultation, there will be a thorough physical examination of the patient to create a proper and accurate diagnosis. The osteopathic doctor will then request patients to perform movements and simple stretches to come up with an accurate diagnosis of his/her condition.
- After the assessment, diagnosis and evaluation, a skilled osteopath will formulate a customised treatment plan that will provide relief from pain and discomfort as well as reduce the occurrence of symptoms altogether.
How much do osteopathy therapies cost in Melbourne City?
The cost of osteopathy visits depend on various factors such as location, level of expertise of an osteopathy physician, and the condition they are suffering from. You should ask your insurance company if osteopathy is covered by your policy or otherwise.
To schedule an appointment with us, click here or call us on 03 9663 5450.