Osteopathy is steadily gaining traction in Melbourne. This healthcare discipline aims to treat pain and discomfort of the musculoskeletal system and how it can affect other distal issues like our organ systems. These include the nervous system, lymphatic system and circulatory system.
Although osteopathy is a common complementary healthcare modality for back pain, the scope of practice of the best osteopaths extend to diagnosis and if relevant, treatment of other musculoskeletal conditions such as migraines, abdominal pain, pelvic pain, and chest wall pain among many others.
Major principles of osteopathy
The best osteopathy doctor in Melbourne will tell you that utilising osteopathy in improving general health and wellness, and reducing pain, is an absolute must. Instead of visiting a chiropractor or a physiotherapist, a consultation with an osteopath in Melbourne may be more beneficial for the following reasons:
- One of the main principles behind osteopathy is that the human body’s anatomical structures and physiological functions are connected and interrelated. In order for the body to function optimally, vital organ systems such as the neurological, musculoskeletal, circulatory, and visceral structures are closely integrated at all times.
- The primary aim of osteopathic physicians is to improve a patient’s overall health and wellbeing through Osteopathic Manual Manipulation or OMM.
- The most common concerns addressed by osteopathic physicians are as follows:
- Musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction along the spinal region, upper and lower extremities, pelvic region and thoracic region.
- There are also adults who seek consultation from osteopathic doctors due to frequent headaches and migraine attacks.
If you wish to book an appointment at our Melbourne clinic, you may reach us
on 03 9663 5450 today.