Are you looking to see an Osteopath in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne but are unsure as to how it might benefit you? What is Osteopathy and is it worth paying for the treatment? These are good questions and a few things that you might be wondering about if you are new to the practice.
Simply put, Osteopathy is a field of manual medicine with the goal of bringing back the optimal state of the body by treating the underlying reasons for pain and functional imbalances. Such problems may have come about as a result of an injury, disease, tension and chronic stress of daily living. More importantly, Osteopathy supports the idea that the body has the innate ability to recover and manage such problems.
You can expect some of the best Osteopaths in Melbourne to treat your body by utilising a range of mild techniques which include the following:
- Stretching stiff joints
- A gentle massage to unwind the muscles and release tension
- Restoring the flexibility and natural range of motion of the joints throughout the body
How an Osteopath from the Northern and Western Suburbs of Melbourne can help alleviate pain
Osteopaths in Melbourne City and the neighbouring suburbs can help manage pain and discomfort in a way that regards you as an individual and your body as a whole. Osteopathic techniques can be implemented to minimise and alleviate discomfort in various areas of the body including the head, neck, ankles and back pain.
You can expect the following benefits:
- Alleviate pain and tightness in the muscles, and joints
- Get rid of the underlying cause of pain and discomfort
- Increase the range of motion in the joints
- Deal with problems in the spine due to poor posture or injury
- Offer a non-invasive treatment for persistent pain and discomfort
- Helps pregnant women adapt to physical and hormonal changes in their body
- Reduces tension in the body that causes a headache or a migraine
Osteopathy also offers advantages that most people tend to overlook such as providing comfort for people suffering from chronic diseases such as arthritis and Asthma. Moreover, the treatment can help prevent recurrence of an injury or acute health problems by improving lifestyle factors through a series of relaxation techniques through a series of relaxation techniques, exercise and dietary advice and education about risk factors.
Are you convinced that Osteopathy can prove highly beneficial for you and eager to get started? Your needs are in excellent hands here at “City Osteopathy”. Call us today on 03 9663 5450 to arrange an appointment at either of our clinics — one at Swanton Street and the other at Queen Street Melbourne. In any case, our team of proven and highly reputable experts stand ready to give you nothing less than excellent Osteopathic services.